February 8, 2014

Skill Does Not Equal Passion

In search for a career, skill does not equal passion, so always follow your heart. Do not choose a career path or hobby just because you are good at it. Skill is important, yes, but passion is more important. When I started TheeFashionStories I would blog for hours at a time and lose myself in my work. I love that feeling and passion, it's what keeps my work fresh and exciting. Jas Diane, Her gives me the freedom to be myself and write about whatever my heart desires. There is something truly special about a work place where you are free to create without boundaries. 

Honestly, why are you sticking with a major that you hate? Why are you wasting thousands of dollars on books and classes that do not interests you? I am going to tell you why! You do it because that is what is expected of you. Expectations set by others are why we live mediocre lives. Molds are set for us at a young age and we spend our whole lives trying to fit inside of them. For example, you may be great at science and you may have loved it as a child, but you no longer desire to be a doctor. Why are you still a pre-med major? You're doing it for your family right? Well you are sadly mistaken. No one is going to repay your student loans for you. No one is going to work double shifts for you and no one is going to wallow in self-pity, but you. We deal with the negative and harmful effects of following the plans that others have set for us on our own, but we share our triumphs and successes with everyone. 


How about you change that? Look people in the eyes and tell them that you are the captain of your happiness and you choose to do what you love. Do not simply go with what you're good at or with what people tell you, but simply follow your guilt and everything else will fall into place. You are worth taking risks and you deserve to live a life that you are proud of.


Much Love,

Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment